"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day


So I know what you are all thinking, "She still has a blog?"  And the answer is yes!  And it has been resurrected!!  I figured today was a good day to start it up again being mother's day and I really wanted to say thank you to the mother's in my life and to my children for making me a mother.

So I will start with my own mother.  She has always been a wonderful example of righteousness and being steadfast in the gospel.  She always sacrificed for us as we were growing up so we could have the things that we needed instead of her.  She gave me a love of music, the gift of creativity, the skill to make things look pretty, the art of a great handout (every lesson needs a cute handout), and many other things that are too long to list.  I love her and wish I lived closer to her.  Thanks for all you have done and continue do for me!
 photo IMG_0630_zps6d4750b6.jpg

Next is my mother in law, Sheila.  From day one she has taken me in as one of her own and I am so grateful for that.  She has such a strong testimony even though at times in her growing up years, she had every excuse to wander from the church, she has always been true to the faith.  She has sacrificed so much and worked so hard for her family and continues to do so.  I have learned so much from her and continue to learn from her.  I'm sure I drive her crazy when canning season is here with my ever growing list of questions on what to do.  Thank you so much for all you do for us! We love you!
 photo k10_zpse70ed756.jpg

Then there is my dear Grandma Gorrell who I miss so much.  I hope she can see the tears that are shed in quiet moments when I am wrapped in the arms of one of her quilts and knows how much she has meant to me.  She was the perfect example of unconditional love.  She loved me for who I am and never wanted to change me or judge me.  I loved being around her.  She had a great sense of humor and I loved her political views :)  She loved my children so much and they knew that and so they loved being around her.  I miss you Grandma more than you know.
 photo IMG_0624-1_zps24377eba.jpg

My Grandma Brownell is another wonderful example I have to glean from.  She is an anchor of faith and service.  I have such great memories of being a kid and singing silly songs (that I now sing with my own kids) and making butterscotch chip cookies.  Anytime I see butterscotch chips I think of her.  I got my love of the mountains and nature from her and my Grandpa Brownell.  So many times we would go on hikes and camping and drives to enjoy the beauty where we lived.  Anytime I have a gospel question  I always ask her as it seems like she always has the answer.  Thanks for being such a great example.  Love you!
 photo photo_zpsb93438a5.jpg

Then there are these four cuties who are the ones who made me a mother.  I don't think I could ever think of the right words that could ever express how much these littles mean to me.  I love how they love each other and play together.  Trust me, it isn't all happy fun candy and they have their fair share of fights, but they are also best of friends.  
 photo photo3_zpsd3083387.jpg
McKenna is my big helper.  I would be in sad shape without her.  For one, she is who made me a mother to start with.  I know I ask a lot of her, and depend on her probably too much, but she is my go to girl when it comes to helping me get things done and chores and kids taken care of.  I appreciate that so much!
 photo photo9_zps0e7617e0.jpg

But she and I also know how to have a little fun!
 photo photo1_zps885adb3f.jpg

Then there is my Maddie!  She has such a caring heart and fun personality.  She loves to do things for others.  Every (almost) morning she gets up and makes her bed and then makes McKenna's bed.  It melts my heart.  She LOVES each of her siblings.  She likes to take care of them and play with them.  She also likes to play jokes on people which is pretty funny (most of the time).
 photo photo7_zps009a1644.jpg

 photo photo8_zpsdf082a15.jpg

Oh my funny Megan.  She helps put the crazy on our crazy town that our family likes to dwell in.  She is so funny and spunky that is for sure!  But she loves to snuggle and give me lots of hugs and kisses.  I can't get enough of them.  She is my little sidekick and follows me everywhere.  She always wants to be doing what I am doing or she is always trying to get me to sit down and snuggle and watch a movie with her. (Sometimes it's hard to resist).  
 photo photo5_zpsbff4228e.jpg

 photo photo6_zps87b05301.jpg

Then there is this boy who has stolen my heart more than I ever thought possible.  It has been so fun having a boy and finding out the differences from the girls.  He is FINALLY starting to sleep through the night (mostly) which is a very welcomed development.  I love when he laughs and coos.  They are some of the sweetest sounds I think I have ever heard.  Mostly I love the way he looks at me.  Like there is no one he loves more.  It is the purest most unconditional love there is.  He doesn't care what I look like, wear, or how much money I have, he just loves me because I am his mom.
 photo photo2_zps9a283c62.jpg

 photo photo4_zps3444fb9e.jpg

1 comments:

Justin and Stacey said...

The blog is alive! :) Cute pics!